You are now ready to deploy the service to the container using Introduce. To begin, you will need to start Introduce by opening a command prompt and changing directory to the caGrid installation directory. Then:
Introduce contains a graphical service deployment screen that can be used to configure a service for deployment by editing service properties, tuning index service registration, etc.
- In Introduce, select the Deploy Service button from the top menu bar.
- Once the file chooser is displayed, browse to the generated service location and click the Open button.
- The Deployment Viewer will now be shown.
- The General Deployment tab displays basic information about the service you will deploy. Note that it shows your service's deployment name and the namespace. This window also provides a choice in the container to which the service will deploy. As stated earlier, Introduce will detect the available containers on the host machine by checking for the existence of environment variables (GLOBUS_LOCATION (Globus), CATALINA_HOME (Tomcat), JBOSS_HOME (JBoss
- The Advanced Deployment tab enables configuration of many standard deployment options:
Property Name Value(s) Description perform.index.service.registration true or false Decides if the service should register with the Index Service index.service.url URL The URL of the Index Service to which it will register. index.service.index.refresh_milliseconds Integer How often to re-register with the Index Service (this should be a relatively large amount of time and is useful for making sure the index service does not lose your registration). index.service.registration.refresh_seconds Integer This number specifies the period of the interval, in seconds, between attempts of the Index Service to retrieve metadata from the Grid service
- Changing these options will update the deploy.properties file. Modify the properties, including the Index service URL, as needed.
- The Service Properties tab allows for changes to any properties that are added by the service developer specifically so that the Grid service can be customized for specific environments. Please note that manual edits of this file are error-prone. Here are some examples:
Property Name Value(s) Description gridGrouperURL URL Grid Grouper service URL serviceStemSystemName File Path; ex: Training:photosharingtutorial:<HOSTNAME> System name of the service stem in Grid Grouper NOTE: For the serviceStemSystemName, <HOSTNAME> should be your machine name.
- Once you have selected the container to which you wish to deploy and have configured any additional settings, click Deploy to deploy your service to your target grid.