Now we can now deploy our service to the container using Introduce. To begin, you will need to start Introduce by opening a command prompt and change directory to the caGrid installation directory. Then:
Introduce contains a graphical service deployment screen which can be used to configure a service for deployment by editing service properties, tuning index service registration, etc.
- In Introduce, select the Deploy Service button from the top menu bar.
- Once the file chooser shows browse to the generated service location and click the Open button.
- The Deployment Viewer will now be shown.
- The General Deployment tab shows basic information about the service you are going to deploy. Note that is shows your services deployment name and shows the namespace. This window also provides the ability to choose the container to deploy to. As stated earlier, Introduce will detect the available containers on the host machine by checking for the existing of environment variables (GLOBUS_LOCATION (Globus), CATALINA_HOME (Tomcat), JBOSS_HOME (JBoss
- The Advanced Deployment tab enables configuration of many standard deployment options:
Property Name Value(s) Description perform.index.service.registration true or false Whether or not the service should register with the Index Service index.service.url URL The URL of the Index Service to register with. index.service.index.refresh_milliseconds Integer How often to reregister with the index service (this should be a relatively large amount of time and is simply useful for making sure the index service does not lose your registration). index.service.registration.refresh_seconds Integer When registering to the index service this number tell the index service how often, in milliseconds, to contact me for updated met
- Changing these options will update the deploy.properties file. Modify the properties, including the Index service URL, as needed.
- The Service Properties tab allows for changes to be made to any properties that are added by the service developer specifically so that the Grid service can be customized for specific environments. Please note that it is very error prone to manually edit this file. Here are some examples:
Property Name Value(s) Description gridGrouperURL URL Grid Grouper service URL serviceStemSystemName File Path; ex: Training:photosharingtutorial:<HOSTNAME> System name of the service stem in Grid Grouper NOTE: For the serviceStemSystemName, <HOSTNAME> should be your machine name.
- Once you have selected the container that you wish to deploy to and have configured any additional settings, click Deploy to deploy your service to your target grid.