|caGrid||caGrid 1.2 Documentation|
|Data Services||Data Services 1.2 Documentation||Data Services 1.2 Administrators Guide|
The caGrid Data Services infrastructure does not require any software or special system configuration beyond the standard caGrid stack. Specific query processor implementations may have additional requirements.
Information on obtaining the caGrid Data Services infrastructure may be found on the Downloads Page
The data services infrastructure itself does not require any specific configuration, however caGrid services generated using the data service infrastructure will have some common features which are configurable.
For example, any Introduce-generated caGrid service will have a service.properties file, which controls several runtime parameters of the grid services. Data services add some specific properties to this file which control the way the data service infrastructure behaves:
- The class name of the validator implementation which can be used by the data service to validate incoming CQL queries for correctness against the service's exposed data model.
- A flag which indicates to the data service framework whether or not to validate incoming CQL queries for correctness against the service's exposed data model.
- An XML document containing mappings from Java class name to XML Qname. This file is automatically generated and the value automatically set by the data service code-generation utilities, and shouldn't have to be adjusted.
- The class name of the validator implementation which can be used by the data service to validate incoming CQL queries for syntactic correctness.
- A flag which indicates to the data service framework whether or not to validate incoming CQL queries for syntactic correctness.
- The class name of the CQL Query Processor implementation to be used for handling CQL queries submitted to this data service.
The caGrid Data Services infrastructure is not a stand-alone service so much as a set of tools and interfaces which work together to build a consistent type of grid service. It can be installed into the Introduce toolkit as an extension by executing the command "ant installIntroduceExtensions" from either the top level of a source distribution, or from the dataExtensions project, found in projects/dataExtensions under the top level of a source distribution.
The data service framework can be verified to be installed correctly by building, deploying, and executing a caGrid data service. See the Developer's Guide.