caGrid Data Services support use of existing caCORE SDK-generated systems as a backend data source. As caGrid has progressed, so has support for newer versions of caCORE SDK-generated systems. The following table indicates which versions of caGrid Data Services support which versions of caCORE SDK-generated systems:
|caGrid 1.3||Yes 1||Yes 1||Yes||No 2||Yes||Yes 3||No||Yes 4||No|
|caGrid 1.4||No 1||No 1||Yes||No 2||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes 5|
|caGrid 1.5||No 1||No 1||Yes||No 2||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
- 1 -- caGrid 1.3 is expected to be the last release featuring support for caCORE SDK 3.1 and 3.2 because support for these versions will soon be discontinued by the caCORE team. Service developers should move to the latest supported version of the caCORE SDK and caGrid.
- 2 -- Due to two issues (1 and 2) in the 4.1 release of caCORE SDK, that particular version is not officially supported by any version of caGrid. The caGrid data service wizard for caCORE SDK 4.1 can generate an otherwise correct grid service with this version of the SDK, but the resulting service may behave incorrectly. Service developers should move to the 4.1.1 release of caCORE SDK.
- 3 -- Support for caCORE SDK 4.2 in caGrid 1.3 is supplied by an update to the Introduce toolkit. Please see the documentation for this style for more information.
- 4 -- Support for caCORE SDK 4.3 in caGrid 1.3 is supplied by an update to the Introduce toolkit. Please see the documentation for this style for more information.
- 5 -- Support for caCORE SDK 4.4 in caGrid 1.4 is supplied by an update to the Introduce toolkit.
Support for these versions of caCORE SDK-generated services is provided 'out-of-the-box' by the caGrid Data Services infrastructure and its plugins. The caGrid Data Service wsdl 'interface' and the Introduce user interface are the same for all released versions of caGrid, regardless of which version of SDK is used (or not used) by the 'implementation'. Accordingly, if an unsupported (or custom) version of the SDK was used to generate the data service, the custom data service (with a custom query processor) can be used to manually supply the necessary configuration and implementation of the caGrid Data Service. This can be done by selecting 'custom' as the type of service when creating your service.