The caGrid Knowledge Center is pleased to announce that we will be hosting a workshop on February 6th and 7th at the Blackwell Inn on the campus of The Ohio State University.
- 6:00PM : Reception
- 7:00PM : Dinner and networking
- 9:00 – 9:30 : Agenda overview and last-minute topic solicitations
- 9:30 – 11:45 : Details on caGrid service functional capabilities and service interactions
- Introduction to core services of caGrid (20 minutes)
- Service creation, advertisement, discovery - including caCORE SDK integration, ISO 21090 integration (30 minutes)
- Security - security basics, GAARDS, deployment and use of security infrastructure (45 minutes)
- Federated query and Workflows (40 minutes)
- 11:45 – 12:45 : Lunch
- 12:45 – 2:00 : caGrid "In the Wild":
- Integration of caGrid infrastructure with non-caBIG software applications
- caGrid application development best practices
- 2:00 – 2:30 : Looking ahead: caGrid community requirements in the context of caGrid 2.0
- 2:30 – 3:30 What additional role(s) should caGrid KC play moving forward?
- To broaden and enhance the impact of caGrid in basic/clinical/translational research
- To ease transition from caGrid 1.x to caGrid 2.0
- 3:30 – 4:00 : Meeting wrap-up and adjournment
To register for the workshop, please fill out the registration form at:http://tinyurl.com/32kbush
There is no registration fee.
- 2110 Tuttle Park Place - Columbus, Ohio 43210
- Phone: (614) 247-4000
- Room Rate: $131 per night
When making reservations, attendees should identify themselves as being with the KC Workshop program. All reservations should be made by Friday, January 7, 2011 in order to receive the group rate (plus taxes and valet parking). After this date, the hotel will release rooms not sold from the group block for general sales and all subsequent hotel reservations will be taken on an availability basis. Every attempt will be made to accommodate special requests for room types. This includes location however; due to arrival and departure patterns not all requests may be fulfilled.
Reservations made on an individual basis will be guaranteed by each individual and the individual will be responsible for all charges upon arrival. Reservations made on an individual basis, without a rooming list, are required by the hotel to guarantee each reservation with a credit card. Reservations should be made by the designated cutoff date in order to take advantage of your special grouprate. To receive the negotiated group rate, participants should identify themselves as being with the KC Workshop program when making reservations. Individuals should cancel reservations prior to 4:00pm the day before theirscheduled arrival to avoid one night's room and tax charge to the credit card on file. Should cancellation of reservations by individuals exceed 20% of the total contracted room block, cancellation charges may apply. No shows (reservations made for an individual that do not show for any reason) are not considered to be a cancellation and will be charged accordingly (whether the room was guaranteed to the group or by the individual themselves, via a credit card).