The caGrid Installer installs all prerequisites except for Java and MySQL.
- Java 6 JDK
- Make sure the JAVA_HOME environment variable is set and points to the location where the JDK has been installed.
- (Optional) If you are deploying caGrid core services locally, you may also need a MySQL database.
MySQL is only required for the security services and GME. You can use 4.x (with transaction enabled; i.e., use InnoDB engine) or 5.x.
|Internet Resources Required by the Installer|
Unless you are using a customized installer, the installer will need to be able to access these internet resources:
- Download the caGrid 1.4 Installer, unless you have a customized installer that you have been instructed to use for your grid. The downloaded installer should be contained in the file caGrid-installer-1.4.zip. If you are using a customized installer the name may vary.
- Unzip the file caGrid-installer-1.4.zip. This creates the directory caGrid-installer-1.4. This documentation refers to this directory as CAGRID_INSTALLER_LOCATION.
- From a command prompt, launch the installer using the following command:
Do not launch the installer by double-clicking the jar file
- Select the I agree to this license checkbox and then click Next.
- Select the Install/Configure caGrid Software checkbox and then click Next.
- The installer detects whether or not you have already installed Ant. It installs or reinstalls it, depending on your installation status. In either case, you must specify the location where you want to install Ant.
- The installer detects whether or not you have already installed Globus. It installs or reinstalls it, depending on your installation status. In either case, you must specify the location where you want to install Globus.
- The installer asks you for a location on your local file system to install caGrid. Specify a location to install caGrid and click Next.
To select a file location that is not in the User's Home directory, Click the Look In: drop down list and select a new starting location.
- The installer displays a list of tasks that the installer will perform. Click Next to begin the installation process. At this time the installer downloads, builds, and installs several components. This process takes several minutes.
- Once the installer has completed installing all the components, click Next.
- The installer prompts you to specify which Grid you want to configure your installation to use. The installer supports configuring caGrid to work out of the box with many community Grid environments. For testing and development purposes, we recommend selecting the Training Grid. If you do not want to configure caGrid to work with an existing Grid you may select that as well. The installer can also be modified to support additional Grids.
- The installer shows a summary of the tasks to be completed. Click Next to configure caGrid to use the selected target Grids. This process takes several minutes.
- Once the installer has finished configuring caGrid to use the target Grid, click Next. The final screen reminds you to set your ANT_HOME and GLOBUS_LOCATION environment variables. Set these variables immediately and click Finish.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed caGrid.
|Add ANT_HOME/bin to PATH|
You will be running the ant program from the command line so add ANT_HOME/bin to PATH.