Install Prerequisites for the caGrid 1.4 Manual Install
- Sun/Oracle Java 6 JDK
- Note that OpenJDK 6 is not fully supported by caGrid at this time. The Oracle JDK 6 is the officially supported version of the JDK.
- Ant 1.7
- Globus 4.0.3 with caGrid patches
- A Java container to host deployed services
- (Optional) If you are deploying caGrid core services locally, you may also need a MySQL database.
- NOTE: MySQL is only required for the security services and GME. You can use 4.x (with transaction enabled; i.e., use InnoDB engine) or 5.x.
- Make sure that JAVA_HOME, ANT_HOME, and GLOBUS_LOCATION environment variables are set and point to the correct respective locations of the downloaded software programs listed above.
- Make sure that either JBOSS_HOME or CATALINA_HOME environment variable is set and point to the correct respective location of the downloaded software programs listed above.